Monday, April 25, 2016

Upcoming Race Ideas

This morning I completed run streak day 117 with four miles. I haven't really been training for anything but yet I find myself continuously increasing my mileage. It was nice to be able to race last Friday night but now I only have one more race planned for this year. I am beginning to get a little depressed about it.

I don't want to have too many races on the calendar that I feel as though I don't have any room to breathe but at the same time it doesn't seem normal to not have anymore after the 5k next month. I have a few in mind that I would like to do. Two out of the three I would have to travel so I know one that I would like to do before the other one.

If there are enough participants this year, I would like to the do the fourth of July 10k put on by the local rec center. Don't worry for this one I would be registering ahead of time to not run into issues like I did at the Full Moon 5k by registering last minute. I would also like to do the Middle Half again this year.

This particular race is very flat with maybe a few small hills and this would be the one I would like to attempt my sub two hour half marathon on. I would have to register for this one almost as soon as the registration opens because it sells out quickly.

The next race would be another half marathon but close to where my buddy lives. It would be so awesome to complete this with my my buddy there. I need to work out a few kinks though and the only downfall to this one is I would have to travel. I have never completed a race where I would travel more than an hour so this one would be the first. Plus both this one and the Middle Half are in October not far apart. I will need to think more about this one.

The last race would be in December and would benefit St. Jude's Children's Hospital. I have heard so many good things about this race and my friends Jennifer and Christy are thinking about doing it as well. We have started to look up hotel rooms. We are also contemplating being a hero. This means that we would commit to raise so much money to help the hospital. Depending on whether or not we decide to raise money, the registration openings vary.

So there are my race hopes and of course I would like to run Oak Barrel again next year and that registration opens again in October. So many things I would like to do but I feel as though I don't have the time with soccer and gymnastics. Although I love to run, spending time with my family is more important. So if I have to put aside some races to do that, I would in a heartbeat.

Do any of you have any races coming up or ones you would like to do? I would love to hear about them. So until next time



No comments:

Post a Comment