Saturday, April 23, 2016

CCC Relay

The CCC Relay was a local race that connected two cities in our county. You had the option to run the entire distance which would have been a half marathon or you could have a team with up to eight members. If you chose to have a team, each member would have to complete a leg or a certain number of legs of the race to cover the entire distance.

I joined a team with my friend Nicole. We have known each other for a while and we both were going to run the Oak Barrel Half Marathon in April so we didn't want to run the entire distance. I planned to run about 6-7 miles.

Since this race was local, it was nice to have the kids be able to come and cheer us on. So on the morning of March 12, we loaded everyone up in the car and made the drive to the next city over to get to the start line.

Met up with my teammate Nicole and took a few pictures. She was set to start the first few legs so I got a pic before she started and they were off.



We met them on the course and was able to cheer on some other runners as well as Nicole. Then we were off to find the spot where I was suppose to start. It was nice for once to be able to cheer on the other runners but I was anxious to be able to start running.

I jumped in a little early because I honestly couldn't find the leg I was suppose to start at. From the moment that I signed up for this race, I was a little apprehensive about running it and just a few minutes after starting, my worry was proven to be a valid reason to be apprehensive about this race.

I was running alongside my friend Larry and the way this race was mapped out you were to run with the flow of traffic. Something that runners have long be told not to do. Well we were running along and it was during the day with the sun shining. Bam we were almost hit. Scared me and unless this race is changed, I won't be running it again.

It warmed up quickly and I eventually took my tank top off to finish out the race. I only saw two water stops with one acting like a third when you made the turn around. With the weather warming up, there was definitely not enough water stops along the route.

Here is a pic my husband got after the race.



It was a nice experience to run a relay but there is definitely a few changes that need to happen before I will run this race again.

Until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment